End of Summer Bucket List!
So I know I've been a little Fall crazy over here lately, but contrary to what it may sound like, I do realize that we've technically still got another month or so of Summer left, and I'm not quite ready to give up the swimsuits and fruity drinks just yet! I've been trying to be better this year about actually spending time outside enjoying the sunshine, and as much as I can't wait for colder weather so that I can wear comfy sweaters and successfully get through a shoot without ALL of my makeup melting off and my hair going flat, I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to my pool days and kayak trips!
There are still so many fun Summery things that I have yet to do this year, so I thought it might be fun to put together a little end of Summer bucket list! Basically, I've taken note of everything that I've either loved doing this Summer, or haven't done yet and really want to, and made one big list of things that everybody should try to do at least once before pumpkin spice season hits!
1. Lounge around on a pool float: I think this may be the easiest item on the list, so I had to put it first! I've got a few pool floats that I rotate between, but I've been LOVING this pineapple one! Not only is it super fun, but unlike some of the bigger ones it's under $20, so it's also pretty affordable! And, since its almost the end of pool float season, I've actually found a few really cute ones on sale, so now is the perfect time to stock up on them for next year! Shop some of my favorites here:
2. Find the perfect one piece: One pieces have been trending like CRAZY this Summer, and I honestly waited WAY too long to hop on the bandwagon! This one from Clothing By OWL is so fun and playful, it's PERFECT for any Summer pool party! If you have a long torso like I do, I'd definitely recommend going up a size. I bought a medium and I probably should have gotten a large. If Tequila isn't your thing, they've got suits with a bunch of other cute sayings on them too, and you can even customize your own! You can get 20% off of your entire Clothing by OWL purchase with the code "OLIVIA20".
3. Make Boozy Popsicles: Or regular ones, for that matter. My favorite recipe is 2 cups of Simply Raspberry Lemonade, 3/4 cup of Tequila, a handful of strawberries and a handful of cut pineapple! Throw it all in a blender, and then either pour it into ice pop bags (like these ones) or a popsicle mold lined with some kind of plastic wrap/bag (otherwise you won't be able to get them out in one piece, since the tequila keeps them from freezing as solidly as normal popsicles). If you're not a big drinker or if you're making them for kiddos, you can leave out the tequila and they're just as delicious! They'd probably also be pretty good if you subbed the tequila for Malibu!
4. Go to an outdoor concert: Living in Nashville, I'm lucky enough to be able find some kind of free or super inexpensive concert going on somewhere on any given night if I look hard enough, but even growing up in Washington there were usually at least one or two outdoor concerts that wouldn't break the bank! I'd recommend checking your local radio stations website. There's just something about being outdoors listening to live music that just screams Summer!
5. Find the perfect spot to sit outside and look at the stars/city: This is one of my favorite items on this list, because it's so fun and completely free! You'd be surprised at some of the places that you can go to for incredible views, my favorite spot is actually at the top of a parking garage! Just be careful and make sure the area is safe before going there at night!
6. Go on a road trip: It doesn't have to be super crazy or extravagant, just get in your car and drive somewhere you don't usually go! Even if it's a quick day trip an hour or two away, reserve a day or two to go drive around and explore a new city!
7. Go swimming in a waterfall: Here in Nashville there are a bunch of gorgeous waterfalls to choose from less than an hour or so away! Look up waterfalls in your area, you may be surprised.
8. Go to (or throw) a barbecue/cookout: Nothing says summer quite like a big, smoky burger or hotdog cooked over a barbecue!
9. Spend a day at the lake: Growing up, I was lucky to live on a lake and totally took it for granted. Now that I live a good 20 minutes away from the nearest lake, I don't get to spend time by the water nearly as much as I would like to! Find a lake in your area and plan a day to go and sit out (with your pool floats, of course!) and enjoy the nice weather while we've still got it!
10. Perfect your favorite frozen drink: Whether it's a fruit smoothie a margarita, or a pina colada, find your favorite frozen drink and perfect your recipe! It's always nice to have that one drink you specialize in making when you're entertaining guests!
What are your favorite Summer activities?